Sunday, March 20, 2016

C2E2 2016

This weekend was C2E2, the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. It was the second year that my wife and I went, and the first time, as I mentioned to her several times, that we'd gone as a married couple. She wasn't too interested in that, but I was all happy about it.

Anyway, what a terrific weekend. Sitting here on a Sunday evening, both of us complaining about general fatigue and soreness from all the walking around (we also were in Milwaukee, Wisconsin last night for a concert after a second full day at the con, so it's been an all around busy weekend), opening new toys and reading comics, already getting enthused about the dates of next years' C2E2 having been announced, that being the one thing that's helping me deal with the fact that the convention is over for this year. Man, good, good times.

I'm still fairly new to the convention scene, having been to a table top RPG convention back in like 1995 and that's pretty the extent of my experience. Last year, I was totally unprepared for my first C2E2, and spent most of the day wandering around and staring at things. There were so many vendors and awesome things; I saw collectibles that in some instances I had never seen before. This year, a booth had a G1 Overlord, all complete (the guy said....) in a beat to shit box. Honestly, just for laughs, I asked him how much he was selling it for, and he said without so much as a pause, $900. Lol. I owned a G1 Overlord once, missing a whole bunch of parts, and I had to sell it, but there's no way I'd pay $900 for an Overlord in his torn up box. I'm not saying I'm in the position to pay $900 for any toy, but if I were spending that much on a toy, man, that box better be brand new.

But that's the sort of excellent thing about wandering the dealer floor. Oh, the things you see. I bought a bunch of stuff too. Took advantage of some deals, bought some comics.

For the second year in a row, we left talking about how next year, for sure, we need to cosplay. There are so many cool looking costumes, and some that are real head scratchers, and some that are kind of funny. But the people cosplaying always look like they're having a great time. So for the time being, I'm just going to say that next year, I'm hoping to cosplay.

For weeks and weeks, there had been a total drought of new toys in the area. Which was fine, honestly, because I didn't have a lot of time to sit back and write up reviews of play with things anyway. Then, I found one thing in a store. Then, I ordered something from Amazon. Then there was a pretty good deal online; then I went to my local comic shop and found some new things. Then, we went to C2E2. Right now, I've got a ton of stuff to write up and post, so much that the thought of taking so many pictures makes me feel tired. Tired. Because of pictures.

Anyway. C2E2 was a blast. And some new reviews are coming, and coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment